Dover Business College prepares students to succeed in professional careers and in today's diverse global world by integrating general education, professional competencies, ethical practices, and career-focused education. A welcoming and supportive learning environment encourages students of all backgrounds to achieve successful careers, embrace lifelong learning, and live responsibly in a diverse society.
Dover strives to fulfill the following goals:
- To help students achieve professional competencies that will result in increased employment opportunities.
- To provide a background in relevant professional disciplines broad enough to enable graduates to enter, and progress in, dynamic careers.
- To encourage students to achieve self-knowledge, develop critical thinking, effectively communicate ideas, make relevant judgments, and distinguish among values, enabling them to adapt to and function within a diverse global environment.
- To provide a supportive, student-centered educational environment which sustains Dover’s desire to maximize potential for achievement by affording constant accessibility to academic, personal, and career counseling.
- To offer and constantly reevaluate comprehensive curricula and cocurricular activities so that meaningful and relevant learning experiences result and graduates are stimulated to a continuing pattern of personal growth and improvement.
- To make available a program of extracurricular activities to allow for varied meaningful leisure-time experiences and to help students develop emotionally, physically, and socially by participation in student government, campus activities, and community service.
- To develop strategic alliances with corporate, community, and non-profit partners in order to enhance the student experience and adapt to changing needs in the workplace.